Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Card published in RubberStampMadness 2010

I love Catherine Moore Character Constructions rubber stamps.  So many art dolls to make!  ")   This little jewel is from her Bird and Paperie collection.  I think this little doll has the prettiest face.  I stamped her head and cape on grey paper and cut out and laid aside.  I stamped the arms and top of her costume with black ink onto light orange paper and cut out.  I next attached the arms to her body and then the top of the costume to the cape/head.  I used a petal from a discarded artificial poppy for her skirt; I attached the skirt to the back of the costume.  Next I cut two 1/4" strips of black/white striped paper about 2 1/2" long and folded accordian style for the legs.  I free-hand cut the boots from black cardstock and attached them to the ends of the legs.  For the card, I used a grey with white swirls to give the illusion of the wind blowing.  (That seems to be one of my childhood memories of Halloween!  LOL)  I attached a paper spider web with spider in the center to the upper left-hand corner of the card.  I cut the top row from a Bingo card and attached it to the lower left side of the card and added an orange, decorative brad to the upper corner of the Bingo strip.  Then I attached the doll to the card slightly over the spider web and with her feet on the Bingo strip.  I hand drew a scroll and wrote the message on it with a black Micro pen.  I edged the card, the message and a paper Bingo button with orange ink.  I attached the message to her outstretched hand and tucked the button under her other arm.
I was thrilled when Roberta Sperling called to tell me that the card had been chosen for the Fall 2010 issue............I felt it was a very good submission after having my cover art chosen for the Summer 2010 issue.

2 comments:

  1. Great Halloween Doll Sharon. I really love the Character Construction images too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sara. I was really pleased with her......I just don't have enough of Catherine Moore's images!

    ReplyDelete