Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Queen of Hearts - art doll

This is the art doll that I made for Jan for the June art swap.  I love altering playing cards and decided this would be a good body for this doll.  I first used alcohol ink on the card to get the gorgeous dark pink (raspberry).  I used the Catherine Moore Character Construction rubber stamp Venetian Tea Party lady for the face.  I stamped her face over a heart and cut the heart out and attached it to the back side of a white slide mount to frame the face.  I used Sarah Milne's (Scenic Route) Loveland collection for the hearts.  I cut out a large heart to cover the body of the card.  To this I added eyelets for the arm attachments and the keyhole and key (Tim Holtz).  I used the Tim Holtz swivel clasps for the arms.  I attached hearts to the "hands" and added heart charms to the right side.  One of the sentiments on this paper was "i {heart} you".   Lastly, I added the gold crown and the gold scepter (cut from one of the gold trims I bought at StampDiva.)

Miss House Wren - art doll

This is an art doll that I put together  practicing for an upcoming swap in my art club.  I love Catherine Moore's Character Constructions rubber stamps that consist of beautiful faces, body parts, clothing and accessories.  I chose Miss House Wren because of her beautiful face.  I stamped her 2X:  once on a white tag and once on decorative paper.  I colored the face on the white tag with pencils.  I cut out both faces and  attached the tag face over the other.  Next I stamped the torso of the Venetian Tea Party lady on striped decorative paper.  I cut out the torso and attached the face to it.  I stamped the arms on one of Catherine's Belle Jardiniere papers of a tree, placing the arms overthe limbs with leaves.  I cut these out and attached them to the blouse of the torso.  Next I stamped a bird cage (Stampers' Anonymous) over a large robin on one of Catherine's papers and cut out.  I glued it to a heavy piece of cardstock and cut it out.  I attached it to the waist of the torso.  I stamped the legs from the French Laundry #14 set onto the same striped paper as the blouse.  I cut these out and attached them to the lower part of the torso.  Next I cut out and glued the bird in the cage to a sturdy piece of cardstock; I punch a hole in the top of it and a hole in the right hand.  I used  a gold thread to tie through both holes and it hangs at her side.  I cut the nest and the small bird from Cavalini's Bird & Nest sticker set and attached them to the doll as shown.  I used the tiny bird and "d'oiseau" from the French Laundry set and stamped them on tiny tags that I glued together for a "front/back" to tie to Miss House Wren's hat.  I tied varigated green threads through the top of her hat.  I added a touch of lace at the top of her blouse.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010


This is a batch of inchies that I made for my friend Pat.  In our art group, she is the one to whom I forward the faux family albums.  Pat lives in England.  I always try to make or buy a little something to put into the package for her.   I really had a relaxing, fun time creating these little pieces.  I used a lot of Graphic45 papers and oodles of Glossy Essentials to make them.  I decided to use some of the epoxy embellishments that I have stashed really added a 3-D appearance to them.  I love it when I am enjoying the art that I create!  ")

Summertime Fun!

Well, it's summertime and the livin' is wild!  I have grandchildren all summer.....mommies have to work.  The little guy on the left is my Mason (5yrs) enjoying the last day of Vacation Bible School.  We had a great VBS last week........mind you, it had me exhausted!  I took all 5 of my gkids with me.....they really had a blast!  Of course, I worked in the Arts & Crafts to see all of them that way.  ")    But, it is time to get back to the art table and catch up on some serious rubberstamping, collaging, and painting!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June inchies - step #2

After the Glossy Essentials was completely dry on the inchies, I edged each one with my Copic marker, YR07 Cadmium Orange.  As a final touch, I added a tiny blue epoxy bubble to each one.

June Inchies - step #1

Here are the inchies that I made for personal swaps for the month of June.  Graphic45 is at the top of my list for fantastic papers!  These little darlins came from the Boardwalk collection.  I used the 8"X8" pad to get these little jewels.  The page has 36 images, positive and negative views.  I used my watercolor pencils to color in the water and the sky.  I used orange, pink, and purple for the sky; and, of course, I used a turquoise for water.  After laying down the color, I used my aqua brush to blend the colors.   When the inchies were dry, I covered each one with Glossy Essentials and set aside to dry over night.