Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Cards to Frame

 A friend of mine asked me to make some cards for her to frame and give as gifts.  I used Brushos water color crystals to make backgrounds for these cards.  The background for the angel is made using Alizarin Crimson, Turquoise and Yellow.   I liberally sprayed water on water color paper and sprinkled the crystals around.  I let the paper set for a few minutes and then I picked it up by opposite corners and manipulated the colors around on the paper.  I blotted the original sheet with another of water color paper, creating a second colorful sheet.   After the paper was dry, I cut a piece a little larger than the angel image and stamped the image (A Stamp in the Hand) onto the water color paper.  I used a gold gel pen by Uniball to outline the stamped image and also to color in some of the stars.  I stamped the image again on pale pink paper and cut out the fact and hands and adhered them directly over the first image.  I layered this piece with black card stock and layered it on top of a white piece, which I also layered with black card stock before adding it to the card.  Finally I added the gold mica flakes to the corners of the piece as shown.
 For this card, I sprinkled Light Brown Brushos crystals along the bottom half of the paper and Terra Cotta Brushos crystals along the top half.  I did not spritz the paper as heavy at the edges of this piece, and I sprinkled the Terra Cotta crystals very lightly  at the edges.   The effect I wanted here was of an autumn sunset.  After the paper was dry, I cut a piece for the card and stamped the trees (Embossing Arts Co.) onto it.  I adhered frosted mica chips and gold mica chips to the base of the trees to mimic fallen leaves.  I layered this piece with black card stock and then onto a piece that had been spritzed with orange dye ink and white ink (to mimic snow).  I also spritzed the white onto a kraft card and adhered the image piece to the card when dry.  Finally I added the gold medallions to the sides of the card.
The paper that I stamped the arched window (Stampington & Co.) onto is actually from the same paper that I used in the angel card.  The crystals were not heavily sprinkled at this end.  I really liked the white showing through in this piece as it reminded me of light shining through.  After I stamped the image, I tore around the image in the shape of the window.  I layered it on a sheet of gold paper that I had attached to a blue card.  I stamped sentiment, cut out around it, and layered it onto blue card stock.  I attached it to the card with dimensional tape.  I added a gold star to the upper left corner and added a few micro rhinestones to give a "shine" to the window.
My friend was over-joyed with the finished results.  I was so happy and relieved!
(This was my 3rd custom order before Christmas.)

Christmas Angels 14-13=1

I am so sad!!!!!!   I made 14 different angels, one for each lady in my Sunday school class and did not photograph any of them except this one!   Wah!!!!!

I used so many papers:  red, green, gold, purple, and many different decorative patterns.  Some had wings decorated, some did not.   Some had decorative brads in the centers, some had beautiful flowers.   Some had burlap poinsettias and others had stars.
(Is this starting to sound like a Dr. Suess story?  Must be slipping back into my Pre-K4 teacher mode!  LOL)  Maybe next year my brain will be working better.........maybe not.  That's all there is folks!

Busy December

 I had three custom orders to get done before Christmas.  One lady ordered 40 cards......4 boxes of 10.   And then she ordered a box of 10.  She asked for simple basic cards with Thinking Of You, Get Well, Happy Birthday, With Sympathy and Congratulations.  I loved the challenge and tried to use as many different papers, images and embellishments as possible.  I really enjoyed this challenge and pushed myself to use up all the paper that I had already cut.  It is amazing what one can create with bits and pieces!
I had so many drawers from my supply closet out.   There were trays, boxes and folders of every kind of ribbons, brads, rhinestones, and stickers.

 I used this field of flowers stamp 2X.   The first time I used a Kaleidacolor ink pad to stamp several times to get this layered effect.   Then on the next card, I used black ink for a silhouette look.
 The striped background paper on this card really made a beautiful card for the blue panel with the white embossed "Congratulations".   The little gold butterflies adorning the corners was a great finishing touch.  My customer was very pleased with all 50 of her cards.