Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Published in RSM


I've been a little slow at posting some of my latest published cards.  This one was published RubberStampeMadness' Spring 2016 issue.  My very first publication was in RSM in 2003!   WOW!  Thirteen years ago!  Goodness time does fly when you're having fun.  LOL   The theme for this submission was filmstrips.   We were given some templates to use if we desired.  I have this wonderful rubber stamp of this man.   Well, I say man, some say "men".   Sorta of like, tomayto, tomahto?  LOL  I have always thought the man on this stamp could have been a 30's or 40's movie star.   I knew immediately that I was going to put him into the filmstrip.   The stamp also is called "One man show" (the reason I think it's man instead of men.....hehe).   
     I had some decorative paper that had filmstrips on them, so I cut a strip to go on the left side of the card.   I copied the template on card stock, stamped the images, cut them to fit the filmstrip and attached them.   I also cut a piece in a different color to layer with the filmstrip to make it stand out.   I hand cut stars from the same piece and glued them around the card as shown.   I used embossing powder to make the "Congratulations!" really pop.    I was very pleased when Roberta notified me that my card was being published.   Thank you, Roberta, and all your staff for continuing with RSM!
     Happy creating!   sharon  aka  inkybru

No comments:

Post a Comment