Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Bird in the Hand

I have become enamored with wall hangings.  I had received some from my art sisters in the past and had tried my hand a few times.  So, I awoke one morning and had this great desire to make a few.
     Anyone who knows me is aware that I love birds and aqua: pale aqua extending to turquoise.  I have quite a collection of chipboard, ribbons and washi tape.  I really wanted to use some of stash and thought this would be a great way to utilize it.
     I also have a die for cutting birds (Sizzix).   This particular die has two birds.   I love to cut these birds on double-sided papers, and that way I can choose whether to have them facing each other, or wings to be different, etc.
     To start, I painted the large piece of chipboard with a thick acrylic paint ( Dina Wakely).   I chose the turquoise for the panel to allow it to be my sentiment background.
 After the paint dried, I used my parallel calligraphy pen (Pilot) to write the sentiment onto the panel.   I also cut out a butterfly to add to the left corner of the panel.  I adorned the butterfly with an aqua rhinestone.  Lastly, I added a faux postage sticker to the panel.
 I have used one my favorite butterfly stamps on this panel.  The rubber stamp is made by: savvy stamps.  The ink I used for this butterfly is Kaliedacolor's
Caribbean.  I also adorned this butterfly with a rhinestone.
 I die-cut this bird from a text paper and sewed him to the decorative paper I had cut for this large tag.   The paper had a hand on it and I sewed the bird to the hand.  First I had given him a washi tape bandanna.   Next he received a rhinestone eye.

At the bottom of the tag I sewed on a strip of ribbon lace and then a ribbon over the top of the lace.   I attached the organza flower to left side of the ribbon.  The  little bird at the bottom was also part of the decorative paper.

I have always said (to ANYONE who would listen....LOL), "Let your paper do half the work for you".   Here is a prime example of how the paper fit into my theme for this tag.   Keep your eyes open to all the possibilities!   Thanks for dropping by.    Happy creating!   Sharon aka inkybru

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    Sharon, I am in admiration for the way you use papers (scrapbook, pattern papers - fine with sheet music, book text, etc), for me it is a struggle, I never seem to make papers work for me, not sure if it is the patterns, have no idea but I've learnt the hard way that papers do not like me LOL. You, they love!!!
    The birds are so sweet and the handwritten panel is so beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynne. Well, you have adapted very well! All your art pieces are beautiful and you have mastered the art of creating all you own backgrounds and embellishments to make a piece complete. I do think of my papers are speaking to me. It seems that I look at a piece of paper and know immediately the direction it wants go. LOL Sounds a little weird to be "listening" to my papers, but it really does work that way for me. Having a large stash of papers to choose from doesn't hurt either. I love paper and there are so many great companies today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete