Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Photo Album for Etsy Shop

 I've been dying to get started on my little journals or photo albums for my Etsy shop (inkybrustudio.......of course!)  I wanted to make a cute, interesting, beguiling little book that would make someone want to hold it and open it up to see what surprises were inside.  I also needed to keep the cost down so customers would not flip out at an exorbitant price.  I think I have done that......well, there are some things I'd like to change, but there are other albums brewing in my mind.  ")
 You will notice that I have edged all around each page with washi tape.  I think this give a real finished look to my pages.  I actually used recycled, light-weight cardboard as the base of each page and covered it with decorative papers on both sides before adhering the washi tape all around.  I love using vellum envelope pockets for photo albums.
 I tried to make different pockets for each page (although I did use the vellum on more than one page").  The left side has a double pocket as you can see with the inserts I added.  I did make a Christmas tag for the book and if the buyer chooses to give the book as a gift, they have a tag to use.  ")
I also added some vellum pages in between some of my pages for photos to be glue-dotted or taped to them.  Just gives more places to add photos.  I don't know if I'll have time to make another one before my cut off date.......
which is Dec. 15.  This is Thanksgiving week and then the madness of Christmas shopping for gifts for family and friends begins.  But, oh! I love it!!!!!  Enjoy your families and a great dinner together.  ")
Of course, you can go to my shop on Etsy and see other pages for this book and also other items I have for sale........and, yes, there will be BLACK FRIDAY items!  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sara. It was a fun project. I want to be right in the middle of journal making! Life is too busy!!!

    ReplyDelete