Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Japanese Brush Painting Lessons

I traveled to San Antonio this past week to take some Japanese brush painting lessons from Mary Bowman, who has traveled to Japan and taken lessons from several masters.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her.  She was a joy!  We had six hours on Saturday and two and a half hours on Sunday.  The card on the left was made after 4 hours of practicing the strokes and placement.  Still much work to be done and hours of practice ahead of me.  ")
My cousin traveled with me and we stayed at Drury Plaza Hotel right on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  It was so convenient for her while I was at Mary's taking my lessons.  She is definitely a Shopaholic!!  She walked about 5 blocks to the mall and shopped all day.  She came back with a bag large enough for my 3 year old grandson to hide in!  LOL  The weather was absolutely beautiful.................74-78 daytime temps.  It was the beginning of Fiesta! Sunday.  We walked to the Mexican Market and had lunch on the patio of Mi Tierre.....listened to some wonderful Inca musicians.  The flutist could play absolutely anything.  After several traditional tunes, they played several romantic American tunes.  What a master he was! 









No comments:

Post a Comment