Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cat practice sheet


This is something I talked Mary into doing with me just before I left.  There were so many other things I wanted to learn from her, but my time there was so short.  I love cats and wanted to learn this easy one......well, she made it look easy!  As you can see, my lines are way too think, but I was just getting the strokes down and brought this one home as a visual to use for practice.

If you ever have the opportunity to work with Mary at least once in your life, take that opportunity!   She is a great teacher and can say so much in a very few words and strokes.  I thoroughly enjoyed her and making art with her.  We had a great day Saturday at her apartment and enjoyed a light lunch together, too, before getting back to the brush and ink.  Mary has a website:  http://www.bamboosumie.com/

I had never been to San Antonio before, so this was a great trip for me.  I was also able to stop halfway on my trip to stay the night with another cousin and catch up on all the family news.
So, all in all, this was a very successful, enjoyable trip for me and my cousin that traveled with me.  Riverwalk was very pleasureable and our accommodations were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment