Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Inside pages to Altered Calendar Book

I also altered the inside front cover and the first page of this book.  There were beautiful butterflies painted on the inside cover......just little brush painted outlines, but lovely.  I doodled inside the open spaces of the wings and then wrote "butterfly, flutterby" randomly around the page.  I had this lovely French General tag and decide to use it as my book plate.  The card in the upper right corner has a quote from Alice in Wonderland "How does one become a butterfly," she asked pensively.  "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."   I love this quote!  I believe it is one of my favorite from the book because I see myself so very much in it.  I want to do so many daring things with my art but feel so comfortable where I am.  Do I really want to fly???  Hmmmm.......  I added a stamped butterfly to the top of the book plate.  In the lower left corner I added a cut out of a bird's nest with eggs and placed a cut out of the girl with a heart just above the nest.  (Home is where the heart is!)  I used my red ink pen and outlined it several times.  In the lower right corner I added the British post office letter box (just because my heart is SO British!  LOL)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The next page had 12 squares, each an artist work in itself, that I altered.  It was so much fun deciding how to alter each of these tiny squares.  I love working on little spaces.  (I recently saw a post on thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com about one of her tiny journal pages.  I love tiny journals and have one that I will post when I finish with it.)  I am so ready for this round robin to begin!  Can't wait to see the finished product.  ")  Be creative!  Do something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment