Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Famous Paintings in the Louvre

How tiny she seems in this vast room!  Also, the protective glass around her seems to add to her diminutive state.  I always think of this painting as very large.....even though I have read how small it is (30in X 21in) compared to so many portraits of this era.  But there she is in all her beauty..............and it was very difficult to get to the front of the crowd to get a phto without dozens of heads in my view finder.  ")

Just the opposite of the previous painting, this one was so large (approx 22ft X 32ft/or 276in X 391in) and so full of activity.  I had to really look for a spot to hold my camera above all the visitors to the masterpiece.  I was so suprised that it turned out as well as it did.  We were not allowed to use a flash on these two photos.  I cannot imagine the time and patience it took to paint each individual at this wedding feast plus adding the details of the buildings and the utensils, and instruments......whether utilitarian or musical.  A fasinating work.

No comments:

Post a Comment